The BRC Global Standard for Food Safety, the internationally recognized standard of the British Retail Consortium, is currently being revised. If the BRC adheres to its timeline, Issue 7 of the standard will be published by January 2015. The audits according to the new standard will take place from July 2015 onwards.
At the moment, the initial consultation phase has been completed and the steering committees and working groups are reviewing what changes have been identified to improve the standard. The timeline for the development is as follows:
- Oct – Dec 2013, Consultation Phase (complete)
- Jan – May 2014, Drafting of Issue 7
- May 2014, Public consultation on draft
- Jul 2014, Final agreement of the Standard to publication
- Aug – Dec 2014, Create translations, develop training materials, write supporting documents
- Jan 2015, Publication of Issue 7 and supporting documents
- Jan – Jul 2015, Auditor training, period of adoption of changes
- Jul 2015, Audits for Issue 7 start
We will continue to keep you up to date and will provide an overview of the main changes as soon as possible.